Today from the Masalamagic kitchen, I would like to share with you a very flavorful and delicious but yet simple Capsicum or Bell Pepper Curry.
If you are a family that eats lots of rotis or chapatis then the question is always “What Side dish?” Making the same side over and over again also does not cut it! My family gets edgy every time i make the same or similar curry. I am always on the lookout for simple side dishes. Time is of the essence especially on a busy weekday morning, so the simpler the curry the better it is 🙂
This curry requires minimum prep time and will be ready in less than 10 minutes 🙂
You will need:
2 Capsicum or Green Bell Pepper – Wash and chop into cubes. I usually get rid of the seeds in the middle, you can use them too if you like.
1 Large tomato – Wash, chop into rough cubes and coarse puree in a blender (just 1 round).
2 tbsp Roasted Peanuts – Dry roast 2 tbsp peanuts on a pan until golden brown, cool and remove the peel. Coarse grind into a dry coarse powder.
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Curry Powder or Sambar Powder
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp or 1 small piece Jaggery
1 tbsp Oil
Cumin, Mustard seeds and hing for seasoning
1. Prep the peanuts, Tomato and capsicum as mentioned above. Keep everything ready.
2. In a pan, heat the oil. Add the hing, cumin and mustard seeds. Allow the mustard to splutter.
3. Add the chopped capsicum and turmeric powder. Mix well.
4. Then add the Sambar powder or curry powder and salt. Mix well.
5. Add about 1/2 cup water and pureed tomato , mix and cover with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Allow the gravy to thicken a bit. Then add the Peanut powder and Jaggery and mix well.
7. Serve hot with Rotis or Rice.
Thanks for stopping by 🙂